All Horror Movies

Forum & Reviews

Forum Home > Slasher movie reviews #'s and A-I > Don't Go in the Woods... Alone! (1981) review by slashermoviefan

Slashermoviefan
Site Owner

"Don't Go in the Woods... Alone!" (1981) (2008 Code Red DVD) reviewed on Sunday, April 24th, 2011.

TECHNICAL INFO: Color, Running Time: 81:45

Plot:

Four young campers head into the deep woods of the Utah mountains for a relaxing weekend. But their fun is spoiled when a machete-wielding maniac embarks on a blood-splattering rampage, hacking and slashing all who enter the woods!

Review:

Four friends head into the woods for a weekend of relaxing and other people visit the woods also, but there is a monster in there, bent on killing them one by one... I did enjoy this slasher movie, just not as much as I thought I would. It was still good though but they could of made it more supenseful, that's the problem there. The acting was cheesy as with a lot of these 80's slasher movies, but I enjoyed it anyway. For the DVD, I liked that they have a bunch of special features on here but the movie's colors seem kind of washed out and not sharp and bright and there is print damage to the movie, but don't let that make you walk away from this movie, it's still very good.

Special Features:

-1 Hour Featurette with Cast and Crew Interviews

-15 Minute Talk Show Appearance

-Audio Commentary with director James Bryan

-Audio Commentary with Deron Miller of CKY, star Mary Gail Artz & director James Bryan

-Poster & Still Gallery

-Trailer

Overall Impression/Final Thoughts & My Content Rating:

I liked this movie, but the lack of suspense just hurt the movie. I liked the kills and they are good and bloody. I give "Don't Go in the Woods... Alone!" a 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

My Content Rating:

V+ for bloody violence

DISTRIBUTED BY: Code Red DVD

April 24, 2011 at 9:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.